Affogato, the perfect summer pick-me-up.
What Is Affogato?
Fun fact: “Affogato” means drowning in Italian - the word is used to describe when a liquid is poured over food, usually cold food. When we’re making an affogato, we love watching the ice cream melt as it’s drowned in coffee.
How To Make a Grind Affogato
Affogato coffee is the perfect summer pick-me-up. There are some combinations of flavours that you just can’t go wrong with. Espresso with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and nuts is one of them.
Our Grind affogato coffee is a super simple recipe that uses these ingredients to create something seriously morish.
2-3 scoops of vanilla ice cream
34ml Grind Espresso
Nuts of choice
Glass of choice
- Grab your favourite glass - we'd recommend a short glass, like the one in our video.
- Fill the glass with two to three scoops of ice cream - vanilla complements the flavours of our house blend espresso best.
- Use your pod machine to make an espresso with our home-compostable Nespresso® compatible pods.
- Pour your espresso over the ice cream.
- Sprinkle with some grated chocolate and nuts.
- Dig in.
If you’re looking for more coffee recipes you can try at home, including our signature espresso martini recipe, head over to our blog, The Takeaway - there’s loads to choose from.