How to make an Espresso Martini with Grind
The lovely Preeya and her assistant Ozzy have put together a step-by-step guide on how to make an Espresso Martini and answer your burning question, can you make espresso martini with Baileys?
2 min read with 3 minute video tutorial.
If you've ever been to one of our London Cafe bars, including Covent Garden and London Bridge, or purchased our Espresso Martini Kit online, you'll already be acquainted with our signature Espresso Martini cocktail.
In case you're new here and need to be guided through how to make an espresso martini, we got the lovely Preeya from our People Team, and assistant Ozzy, to put together a little step-by-step on how to make the perfect Grind Espresso Martini.
If you haven't got one of our kits* at home already, don't worry! Any vodka will work well with our House Blend coffee.
Dog not included*
If you don’t have a cocktail making kit, you can still make a delicious Espresso Martini. Here are a few words of wisdom from our garage-bar tenders:
- You can replace a cocktail shaker with any Tupperware with an air-tight lid - you just need to be able to shake without any spills.
- Egg cups, shot glasses and lids make great jiggers.
- A sieve will serve as a good strainers, but they may look a little comedic.
- Ice is actually really important, never skip out on the ice.
On to the good bit.
Now we've gone through the basics, we'll leave you with Preeya and Ozzy to guide you through the method, don't forget to tag us on Instagram in your Espresso Martini adventures…
How to make an espresso martini
What you’ll need:
- 40ml Vodka
- 35ml coffee (you can make this using two Grind home-compostable coffee pods)
- 20ml sugar syrup (sugar and water in equal parts)
- A chilled coupe glass
How to make:
- Add the vodka, coffee, sugar syrup and ice to your shaker
- Shake vigorously to ensure foam at the top. If it’s too liquidy, shake again. Frosting on the outside of your shaker is a good indication that you’ve been shaking hard enough.
- Garnish with coffee beans
Can you make Espresso Martini with Baileys?
Our signature Espresso Martini is made with vodka, but we love to put a twist on a classic - you can use Baileys to make a creamier Espresso Martini - just swap out 20ml of vodka with 20ml Baileys and you’re good to go.