Smashed Avocado, because sometimes basic is best.
How To Make Smashed Avocado
- ½ A large avocado, diced & smashed 1g
- A couple of chives, finely chopped
- 5 Coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 piece of Sourdough, toasted
- 1 Radish, thinly sliced
- 2x Poached eggs
- Mix the first set of ingredients together in a mixing bowl and make sure not to over smash the avocado.
- Place the avocado mix on to the toasted sourdough and then top with the slices of radish.
- It’s time to poach your eggs - crack each egg into a small bowl.
- Bring a pan of water to a simmer and then stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool, this helps to hold the egg together.
- Slowly add one egg into the centre, make sure the heat is low enough not to move the egg around.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the egg white is set. Repeat with egg number two.
- Place the poached eggs on top of the avocado and season with salt and pepper.
- Finish the smashed avocado with a squeeze of lemon, you can also add a crumble of feta cheese if you fancy it.