How To Make A Coffee Scrub at Home
If you’re aiming to reduce your waste, or simply want to get creative with materials you’d usually discard, this homemade body scrub recipe is just what you need.
Simply follow the steps on how to make a coffee scrub and you’d have the perfect exfoliator in minutes. Read on for the many coffee scrub benefits. It’s amazing what you can do with waste!
First things first, you're going to need these ingredients to make a coffee scrub:
- 1/2 cup / 64g used Grind coffee grounds
- 1/4 cup / 32g pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup / 32g coconut oil
- Drops of rose extract or vanilla
- Take each of the ingredients and pour them into a bowl, remembering to add more grounds depending on how coarse you want the scrub to be
- Stir until completely mixed together
- Once ingredients are combined, decant it into a reusable jar/pot of your choice. We used one from Lush Cosmetics, as they are already made from recycled plastics
Coffee Scrubbing Benefits
The benefits of using a coffee scrub are endless. Some of the main benefits of coffee body scrubs are that they:
- Are loaded with antioxidants, which help to fight premature skin ageing like wrinkles, sunspots and fine lines
- Clean the skin, as the dead skin on the face is gently exfoliated away, leaving the glowing, fresh skin underneath
- Tighten pores and minimise redness
- Reduce cellulite as they help shrink the fat cells on your skin and reduce the appearance of these unwanted deposits
Using your waste coffee grounds to make a coffee scrub is one great way to minimise your impact on the environment and reduce your carbon footprint. Your used coffee grounds can be used to make lip scrubs and body scrubs without throwing anything in the bin. So what are you waiting for? Make your coffee scrub at home today!
Want to do more to protect the planet? Why not take a look at our commitment to the environment and how shopping sustainably with us makes a difference. You can also check out our plastic-free, compostable coffee pods here.