Cooking with Grind: Sweet Potato Cakes.
We miss serving the food, just as much as you miss eating it. So during isolation, we've put together some simplified versions of our very own recipes for you to make at home. Up next: Our famous sweet potato cakes.
We miss serving the food, just as much as you miss eating it. So during isolation, we've put together some simplified versions of our very own recipes for you to make at home. Check our Instagram highlights to watch our Social Media Manager, Jaz, make sweet potato cakes at home in her London flat.
Sweet Potato Cakes, Poached Egg
200g - Sweet potato (2 x 100g cakes)
50g - Yogurt
20g - Harissa paste
1 - Egg
2g - Herbs of your choice
1g - Salt
1g - Pepper, ground
1 Egg or flour to stick
How to make it:
1. Grate your sweet potatoes and remove any excess moisture with a kitchen towel.
2. Add the harissa paste, salt, pepper, an egg, or flour to bind, and mix it up well in a bowl.
3. Once mixed thoroughly create patties with your hands and heat a pan with some oil.
4. The oil should start to sizzle, then add your sweet potato cakes and flip every minute or so.
5. When the cakes start to brown, add some harissa to the plate as a garnish and yogurt to stick the cakes down.
6. This is when you should poach that egg! Add boiling water to a pot and swirl when bubbling. Add the egg and leave for a few minutes.
6. When the cakes are nice and crispy brown, add them to the plate, your egg should be ready, so add that to the top of your stack.
7. Take a photo and enjoy!