Make our famous Grind Clover Club at Home.
The rule book is out of the window. It's time for the weekend, and anyway, why shouldn't you have a Clover Club with your lunch on a Friday? Keep scrolling to find our recipe and how-to to make this classic cocktail.
You've made the right decision.
Starting your weekend with a classic Clover Club cocktail is in our books, one of the best ways to start the weekend (only second to our espresso martini... obvs).
The Clover Club Cocktail is a drink that pre-dates Prohibition in the United States. It was named after the Philadelphia men's club in the Bellevue-Stratford hotel. The Clover Club itself dates to 1896 (oh, she's old).
A few words of wisdom:
- You can replace a cocktail shaker with any Tupperware with an air-tight lid.
- Egg cups, shot glasses and lids make great jiggers.
- Ice is actually really important, never skip out on the ice!
10ml Lillet Blanc (an apertif/vermouth)
25ml lemon juice
25ml white sugar syrup (mix 1 parts boiling water with 1 part sugar, then chill)
1/3 pipette foamer / egg white
How to make it:
- Build all ingredients in a shaker and muddle
- Dry shake
- Add ice and wet shake
- Double strain into the glass
- Garnish with 2 raspberries on a stick
and voila, you're basically a pro mixologist now. Remember to tag us on social in your #Grindmoments #Mygrindathome
Please drink responsibly, and if you're not feeling a cocktail this evening head over to our shop page and grab your very own Grind tin, you deserve a good coffee.